It’s no secret that Gran Canaria has a great diversity when it comes to landscapes. Furthermore, it has beaches to suit all tastes: rocky, natural and wild, artificial, dark or golden sand...
The difference between the north and the south of the island is so great that it seems like a completely different place. In today's post we’re going to talk about one of the best beaches in the south, Anfi del Mar.
It’s an artificial beach that was built in the 90s to recreate the Caribbean. It stands out for its white sand, perfectly combined with the turquoise water and the palm trees of the island. It also has all the services you need to enjoy it to the full. Discover this little Canary Island Caribbean!
How to get to Anfi Beach
Anfi del Mar is located between the towns of Puerto Rico and Arguineguín, in the municipality of Mogán.
- Take the GC-1 motorway in the direction of Arguineguín. Then follow the GC-500 road towards Puerto Rico. Follow the signs, and you’ll arrive at Anfi del Mar beach.
- The area has paid car parks just a few metres from the beach.
- By bus: Take bus number 91 or 01 (Puerto de Mogán - Las Palmas de Gran Canaria) and get off at the Aguamarina stop.
What to do at Anfi del Mar beach
Equipped with a breakwater, this beach is perfect for families with children due to its minimal waves. It has very calm waters, perfect for swimming in peace and quiet. The beach has the following characteristics:
- Length: 180 metres
- Width: 50 metres
- Services: toilets, sun loungers and umbrellas for rent, showers, bars and litter bins.
There are also several services available, such as a shopping centre with boutiques and shops, supermarkets, cafés...
This beach offers several activities, especially water activities, so you’ll never get bored:
- Boat trips
- Parasailing, jet skiing and water-skiing: for the more adventurous.
- The banana and Crazy sofa: two huge floats that are pulled through the waves by a motorboat - try not to fall off!
- Paddle surfing, SUP, and kayaking: ideal for relaxing and taking a ride on the sea.
- Scuba diving and snorkelling: there’s a diving school next door.
You can also walk to Patalavaca beach and the picturesque fishing village of Arguineguín in less than half an hour, or just sunbathe in a comfortable sun lounger.
Don't miss one of the best sunsets in Gran Canaria from Arguineguín, near Anfi.
Where to eat in Anfi del Mar
On one side, there’s a small artificial island in the shape of a heart known as Maroa or the island of Maroa. Here you can find the Beach Club Maroa restaurant with a chill-out area to have a cocktail and enjoy the day.
There are also supermarkets in the area, if you prefer to snack on the beach. As well as the Mar de Tapas where you can find a variety of dishes to share.
On the other hand, we highlight the Gran Bahía Khun with Asian cuisine; La Aquarela, awarded with a Michelin Star and two Repsol Suns in 2020, which stands out for its local seasonal products. It’s located inside the Aquamarina Apartments. A few metres away you can find the 222 SW Bar & Grill.
If you prefer Italian cuisine, there's the Bella Pasta, and for traditional home cooking there's the Puerto Vista restaurant.
Where to stay near Anfi del Mar
The towns of Arguineguín, Mogán and Maspalomas are all close to Anfi del Mar. If you’re looking for accommodation in Anfi del Mar or the surrounding area, don't hesitate to choose your perfect accommodation from our catalogue.