Playa de las Carpinteras is one of the secret jewels of the southern coast of the island of Gran Canaria. Few people know about this charming corner, that’s the perfect setting for a different kind of beach day.
Where is Las Carpinteras Beach located?
You can find this beach in the municipality of San Bartolomé de Tirajana, next to the old GC-500 road that runs along the southern coast of the island, between the towns of El Pajar and Pasito Blanco.
Here’s its distance to the most important spots of Gran Canaria:
- Las Palmas de Gran Canaria: 60 km away
- Gran Canaria Airport (LPA): 40 km away
- Maspalomas: 8 km away
- Puerto de Mogán: 15 km away
How to get to Las Carpinteras Beach
There are different ways to get to this beach:
- From Las Palmas de Gran Canaria: Take bus line 1 (Las Palmas de Gran Canaria-Puerto de Mogán) of the Global bus company from San Telmo bus station on the island's capital and get off at bus stop 098012 (Triana). To save time, you can also take bus number 50 to the last stop and then change to bus number 1. Approximate duration: 1h 30.
- From Puerto de Mogán: Take line 1 from Puerto de Mogán bus station and get off at the same stop “Triana”. Alternatively, you can just say "Playa Las Carpinteras" to the chauffeur, as there’s also a place in Las Palmas called "Triana". Approximate duration: 30 minutes.
- From Las Palmas de Gran Canaria: from the capital of Gran Canaria take the GC-1 motorway southbound, take exit 50 (Pasito Blanco/Meloneras) and continue along the GC-500 road towards El Pajar until you reach Playa de las Carpinteras. Approximate time: 45 minutes.
- From Puerto de Mogán: from here, take the GC-1 motorway northbound, take exit 56 (Arguineguín) and continue along the GC-500 road towards El Pajar/Cercados de Espino until you reach a roundabout, where you continue along the same road (Lomo Galeón) until you reach Playa de las Carpinteras. Approximate time: 15 minutes.
Features of Las Carpinteras
- Length: 181 m
- Width: 13 m
- Coastal face: ravine
- Sand: pebbles and gravel
- Access: easy on foot and by car
- Car park: yes, unguarded and with 50-100 spaces
- Toilets: no
- Showers and/or footbaths: no
- Litter bins: no
- Catering: no
- Sun loungers and/or parasols for hire: no
- Lifeguard: no
Naturism and nudism at Las Carpinteras Beach
This beach is one of the ideal places for nudism and naturism in Gran Canaria. At Las Carpinteras you can take off your swimsuit even in winter, thanks to the mild climate and the pleasant average temperature of the water.
What better way to boost your self-esteem, improve your mood, eliminate social barriers, feel new experiences, connect with nature and the landscape and forget about swimwear marks on this beach?
Where to stay to enjoy Playa de las Carpinteras Beach
If you want to go to this beach and stay in the best accommodation, don’t hesitate to look for your dream accommodation at VillaGranCanaria in the surrounding area, especially in Puerto Rico and Arguineguín.